All work, graphics, content must be original, not copied/licenses.
*coded site is preferred, but if it's a great design, we're saying yes!
Overall theme to be smart, hip and witty, artistic, clean, pro, minimialist with space, not overwhelmed with information.
Perhaps using simple black outlined cartoon like illustrations (avoiding childish) as a backbone will tie it all together, perhaps animate when mouse rollover in a fun way. with white space + earth tones (browns, blues, greens maybe slight orange or yellow) hip legible, handwritten fonts mixed with apple font.
design should not look like a generic template that anyone could do, should be a cohesive flow, high quality artistic design.
Should be Compatible on mobile, tablet and computer all internet explorer, mozilla etc
* should be easily able to be updated data
* already have hosting on hostgator
MAIN PAGE LAYOUT THROUGHOUT WEBSITE SHOULD INCLUDE:
- twitter, facebook, mypsace, youtube, last fm, google + USE ICONS as (see attached for examples of style)
- "join mailing list"using reverbnation.com's mailing list option to type in email address. perhaps between header and news? along with social media buttons) important that this not get lost, but fits in easily with design.
- MEDIA PLAYER to listen to playlist of tracks, should be clean/modern look, featuring a play/pause button, rewind, fastforward, volume and track name
NAVIGATION BAR –
as for navigation bar, we'd like:
home - house with light turning on when animated/rollover (or door open)
bio, - outline of michelle portrait that can be animated with talk bubble "hello"from michelle
shows, - represented by calendar ,or stick figure in front audience playing guitar
music, - music note? vinyl record spinn?
gallery - stack of photos flippin through or camera with flash
video - film strip or movie director's slate (action!)
blog - pen on paper writing
press - megaphone that animates shout lines
store - shopping cart facing left
contact - old school mailbox that door opens to (the on with that little red flag to notify if mail arrived), or symbol of an envelope that opens with animation
** FOR DESIGN WE'D LIKE FREEHAND THIN BLACK LINED CHARISMATIC AND DELICATE ILLUSTRATIONS AS ICONS above the words to emphasize the point. check http://www.coldplay.com or julianunes.com). Would love for these icons to animate as mouse rollsover (envelope icon
Going with these charismatic lil logos, it could be the common thread in the site to link the minimalist approach with the witty, simple illustrations. (read below's descriptions )
SIDEBAR - on right sidein the following order:
USE TITLE BAR
1. upcoming shows - to be aggregated by artist data
2. facebook feed - have option to "like" button
3. twitter feed - have a "follow me" button
(* show icons/representation of the social network consistent with the idea of icon for navigation bar)
1. HOME – shows the news updates/main page
-Header picture of michelle - slider to several photos.
first picture could be the one with red stripes
- include a space to feature a short bio elevator pitch
- include a spot to show featured video (that can be easily updated by the artist by uploading to YouTube account, should be a link to YouTube that will suggest other videos of michelle)
2. BIO - about Michelle page
(the bio page should feature a link that leads to a downloadable onesheet promo and one link to a poster that can be downloaded., not sure of what graphic to use to express this if any? ideas welcomed.
3. SHOWS - to be cleanly aggregated from the website -
http://wwww.artistdata.com venue, time, address, cost, tickets link,
perhaps outline a black line illustration of stage /audience below/around it , as if the shows are on the stage and audience is facing it.
4. MUSIC - include modern, minimalist track names, option to click to buy song, easy to update on artist end. maybe in the simple sketch of an old school boom box? record player maybe not? something witty, but consistent with design.
5. GALLERY –
will be thumbnails of photos
show different videos to connect directly to youtube
in neat, minimalist, organized way, could be something to cycle through, perhaps an old school television sketch graphic is styled around the video? so long as one can navigate through the videos, like changing the channel?
should just be blog feed.
8. PRESS– collection of links to other sites and downloadable
-LINK to download one sheet promo
-link to articles
-EPK – link to sonicbids
set up shopping cart to have ability to buy directly from store
cd - left brained right hearted ($12)
tshirt - $15
pins - $1
10. CONTACT -as a form Inclusive of their email, subject and body/spam check, black line illustration of a postcard around it could be cute. or actual picture of a postcard as the graphic (the form within it or on side.)
All work, graphics, content must be original, not copied/licenses
Please don't hesitate to ask questions/clarify/send examples! we can't wait to see what you come up with!