Was awesome to work with Venanzio again. As always Venanzio showed great patience dealing with my constant changes. Thanks again.
This designer was awesome! I just loved the work, communication and his willingness to change the subtitles and such. Will definitely hire again!
How Susan1741 started their print or packaging design journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Business & Consulting
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
John Stanley's soon to be completed book: Generosity Gameplan: GPS for a Generous Life is for anyone of means and substance, especially couples who long to build a generous future together by creating their own Generosity Gameplan™.
Some of the nation’s most generous families and the nonprofits they care deeply about are served by The Legacy Group, a consulting and management firm John founded in 1999. John is a philanthropist himself giving through and serving his family’s foundation as a trustee.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
1. Design the front and back cover for a book.
2. The book will be an e-book - cover dimensions should be 8.5 x 11 with no spine.
3. Design should build on the brand already created at http://www.johnstanleyonline.com.
4. The book cover will be displayed on the home page so the design should be complimentary. I.e. it should
5. The designer can add fonts, colours, etc. that extend the existing brand.
6. The logo for the Generosity Gameplan (attached) should be incorporated in the design but it does not need to be prominent - i.e. can be on back cover.
7. We have several ideas for the book cover design. The designers can execute one of these ideas, build/expand on one of these ideas or do designs based on their own interpretation/ideas.
8. One idea is showing a handheld GPS on the cover which will emphasize the metaphor used through the book of a trip/road trip from being marginally generous to living a generous life. There is a hand drawn map in the text of the book that could be used (attached).
9. Another idea (top idea) is creating a book cover similar to Dan Sullivan's "The Dan Sullivan Question" (image attached) where the emphasis is on the author, John Stanley. This design would be complemented with a whiteboard drawing of John Stanley's New Trifecta of Generosity (image attached - would need to be redone, this is rough).
10. We really like the idea of using John Stanley's photo to establish his brand and to establish him as a thought leader. The photo of him used on his website is attached. (Image attached.)
11. The back cover text and potential photo is attached in a PDF document. (PDF attached).
The target audience is baby boomers, primarily couples, who have means (financially well off). They are people of faith (church goers of different denominations). They are moved by the thought of living a generous life. They may or may not be leading a generous life already and this book is about removing the roadblocks and showing them a plan for doing so. These people believe in family, they have been successful, and they are looking for more in life.