Tidal Marine Logo Design Brief
Tidal Marine is a new company being formed in Vancouver BC Canada. While the company is new, the products are not. Tidal Marine will produce a number of different flotation products. Some examples are: dock floats, smaller navigation buoys, anchor/mooring buoys, barrier buoys, compensation buoys for aquaculture, life rings, etc.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this design contest is to have a logo created that elevates the look and feel of the industry, while representing the professionalism and client dedication that Tidal Marine’s parent company has built a reputation for.
Tidal Marine will work with an array of companies and individuals. Individuals will include private boat owners and private dock owners. Companies will include: marinas, parks, marine contractors, aquaculture, commercial marine construction companies and transport companies (such as commercial Ferries and cruises).
Key demographics of Tidal Marine’s target market include:
• Male skewed 60%+
• 40 – 65 Years of age
• Primarily situated in the Pacific NW (Washington State, Oregon, British Columbia)
• Secondary areas would include California, and potentially Gulf States.
Key organizational demographics of target companies include the following:
• Small to medium sized enterprises with any marine aspect to their operations.
• Government departments.
• Parks and Recreation departments.
• Individuals with waterfront properties suitable for building a private dock.
• No relevant annual sales volumes.
• Board owners.
Tidal Marine will select the final logo. Winning logo designer will be compensated through 99 Designs and will provide the winning logo in:
1. Three formats:
- Full colour
- Grey scale (for use on white background)
- Grey scale (for use on dark background)
2. In each of the following file formats:
- High resolution vector format (.eps or .ai or .psd)
- Transparent background .png
- High resolution .jpg
- Web format (=>100kb) .jpg
3. Any fonts used in the logo to be supplied with the design files.
4. A two page brand guide that includes all logo formats (number 1 above) and fonts used.
The Logo contest will be completed in 7 days.
Along with this design brief, is a png file with the desired colour palette. The Hex numbers for these colours left to right are:
For inspiration, see what Mustang Survival has done with their logo: http://www.mustangsurvival.com/
We are open to the inclusion of a sea creature in the design. Perhaps a giant squid wrapping its tentacles around a buoy, a “nautical nelly” type creature. A 2 tone, almost sketched kind of look, as if it were drawn with a fountain pen, a very classical nautical theme.