A paladin is a holy crusader, and a type of knight. Here are some dictionary definitions:
- any knightly or heroic champion.
- any determined advocate or defender of a noble cause.
- a trusted military leader (as for a medieval prince)
- a leading champion of a cause
We want the logo to communicate high-tech engineering and design, but be open ended enough to incorporate the wide range and fluid nature of things we tackle. So using something like a gear in the design would probably be smart, while something as specific as a computer monitor probably isn't abstract enough. Some possible imagery suggestions are gears, wings, shields, tools, knight helmets/armor/weapons, warhorses, atoms, calipers, science symbols and equipment, etc. While a paladin is usually associated with religion, we are not religious or specifically looking for religious symbols.
Guidelines (these can be deviated from, if you have a good reason/idea):
- The logo should be simple and bold.
- It should be able to be reproduced in just 1-3 colors (and if more than 1, it should ultimately include a single color only variant).
- It should not have any main details so small that, for example, it would not reproduce well in embroidery or be indistinguishable as a desktop icon.
- The logo symbol should not have the "Paladin Tech Works" words attached to it, unless the words are the logo. That way, the words could be moved or resized depending on media format.
- I've included the logo of our sister company (also created through a 99Designs, if you'd like to review the finalist submissions), Paladin Lead Delivery Systems. That is a firearms training company. We own the rights to that logo, so if you would like to use elements of it please message me and I can email you the .AI file... https://99designs.com/logo-design/c…8/overview
- The font used for the word "Paladin" in our other logo is called Ancient God. I'd prefer it be used here too, unless you just think it's totally wrong for your idea. It's available here: http://www.dafont.com/ancient-god.font
- Another font I like is Titillium, because it's technical and edgy. https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Titillium
- I've attached some other logos I really like.