We saw Luz's work online and decided to give this site a try. Luz is great to work with - great attention to detail, good design instincts and very responsive. Highly recommended!
Great designer, easy to work with and fast response time!
Laura was amazing to work with!!! I could not fault her in any way, her skills are the best and she met my design brief better than I could imagine it in my own head.
- lizzie q
Always great! My requests are often complex and sometimes ambiguous and she has a great ability to understand what i am asking for. She's fast, accurate and a pleasure to work with!
How City of Woodinville started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
City of Woodinville, Washington
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Community & Non-Profit
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The City of Woodinville is a small suburban city about 15 miles northeast of Seattle. It is primarily a tourist destination for the wine and beer industry and is also nestled between the lush Sammamish River Valley and a bustling downtown center. The city's website can be found here: http://www.ci.woodinville.wa.us.
This map will be posted on the outside of Wilmot Gateway Park's bathrooms, which is right off of the Sammamish River Trail (one of the region's most popular bike/walk/run trails). It is a high foot traffic area, and this map will be very visible in the community.
The purpose of the map is to show visitors how much Woodinville has to offer; it is a very family-friendly city and this park is most visited by young families who use the new play structure near the bathrooms or walkers/bikers/runners that use the trail for leisure or to come to town to go wine or beer tasting.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Seeking a park sign that will be approximately 4 feet by 5 feet in size that will serve as an interpretive sign above the park bathrooms at Wilmot Gateway Park in Woodinville, Washington (https://www.yelp.com/biz/wilmot-gat…oodinville)
• File format-native design file, Adobe lnDesign and Illustrator preferred . PDF files should be sent as a reference, not as final art
• Size-files are built to finished size (if file built at half or quarter size, specify in file name)
• Bleed-Proper amount of bleed is built into the file (amount varies depending on final size, vendor specs, process). 0.5'' bleed for most graphics, 1" bleed for murals
• Type-Convert all fonts to outlines Layers-Layers are properly built and organized. Cut lines, when applicable, are on a separate, no-printing layer
• Images-High resolution images are linked and packaged. Minimum of 15 0 ppl is recommended
• Color-Pantone colors (if any) are applied properly (PMS color vs CMYK build). Pantone Solid Coated preferred
• Trim-Cut lines, when applicable, are on a separate, non-printing layer
Here is a draft of the design elements that should be represented in this map. The reason we are seeking a more refined design than what is featured below is because it just does not quite fit visually: we are seeking a map that has a more cohesive design perspective, beautiful fonts, coordinated colors, and is simple, sleek and modern.
In terms of elements to be included in the map, they are featured in the draft map below but don't quite look connected. We are trying to highlight the four tourist districts (icons featured in the left corner) but we would like them to look sleek and connected and not just randomly plopped onto the map.
Please reach out to Kellye directly to ask questions about this project or to get a clearer sense of what we are looking for: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-877-2266.