We are looking for 7 Windows desktop applications icons for each our of software products. These icons will appear as desktop shortcuts, toolbar icons for the software, and Windows tiles.
Currently we use box shots as the icons for each of our software (see attached). We feel that the use of box shots when selling software online is outdated and we would like to refresh our software icons. Our software is not nor has it ever been sold in a physical box so we'd like to get away from the concept of box shots all together.
I have attached a copy of our company logo for reference. You don't necessarily need to include that in the application icons but it might be helpful to get a sense of our aesthetic. Obviously, we'd like all the new application icons to feel like PEERNET software and look cohesive as a group.
We are very open to your ideas and suggestions as we are not sure exactly where we want to go with the new look of our application icons.
Some things we know that we want include:
- Square or mostly square
- Only 1-2 solid colors with white as the accent color. We will consider some shading or perspective in the icons as well.
- We'd like to maintain that current colors we use for each product (or some variation of these colors, but if you change the colors we will need the primary color codes from you):
Document Conversion Service: #b9cb24
File Conversion Center: #6531bf
TIFF Image Printer: #2a5e89
Raster Image Printer: #b04e4e
PDF Image Printer: #d0ac4e
PDF Creator Plus: #9b9525
PEERNET Reports: #846253
- Since we are reducing the size, we'll obviously need to do away with any full product name on the new application icons. We don't think that just doing the first letter in the product name would really mean anything to our customers. Potentially we could do the primary output file type of the product but for software like Document Conversion Service and File Conversion Center, which create so many different file types that might be complication. Perhaps it is better to stay away from any text and rely on graphics to illustrate what the software does.
Below is a brief description of each our software:
1) Document Conversion Service - "An off-the-shelf, high-volume solution for converting a variety of document types to TIFF, JPG, PDF and other image formats automatically, built to fit seamlessly into your workflow." The gear is a good symbol to represent the automated nature of this software.
2) File Conversion Center - "A desktop application for batch converting a variety of documents to PDF, TIFF, and JPG." The key to this software is that it will convert a batch of files at one time, but you have to initiate the process; it is not automatic.
3) TIFF Image Printer - "A virtual printer that lets you convert any printable document to TIFF quickly and easily, generally on one-off basis."
4) PDF Image Printer - "A virtual printer that lets you create a PDF directly from any printable document."
5) Raster Image Printer - "A virtual printer that allows you to create JPEG, TIFF, PDF, and other image files from any document. (A combination of the above 2 products & more)."
All of our Image Printers are printer drivers, meaning that the customers using them by opening a file, selecting File-Print, and choosing "TIFF Image Printer". Some type of printer symbolism is important for these products.
6) PDF Creator Plus - "An Adobe Acrobat alternative which creates PDFs by combining and editing other files." Essentially this is a budget Adobe Acrobat. While this is also a printer driver based software, the critical things to highlight about this software is that you can combine many files to a single PDF, deleting unnecessary pages and changing the ordering of pages.
7) PEERNET Reports - "A barcode, report and label desktop software for enterprise applications." The key symbol that needs to be used for this is software is a barcode.
We are really looking forward to seeing some creative designs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.