We look forward to seeing your original and inspired ideas for two beloved characters that will appear in cartoons and be made into stuffed animal toys.
Character 1: A youthful Teddy Bear who is a patriot soldier from the U.S. Revolutionary War. This character is a Grizzly Bear. He will wear a patriot uniform and carry a musket. (You can design him with a patriots hat or not, whichever you feel looks better)
Character 2: A youthful Teddy Bear who is a British knight in shining armor from the middle ages. This character is a Black Bear. He will wear a knights uniform and have a sword. (You can give him a knights helmet if you choose, but if you design him with a helmet please make sure his face is visible.)
Target Audience: Boys and girls ages 6-12
These characters will be fierce and tough, but at the same time are cute and lovable.
To guide your design inspiration . . .
CHARACTERS WE LIKE
1. Kung Fu Panda: This is an obvious one, because the characters are all likable but tough. Tigress is a good example of this combination of fierce but snuggly.
2. Characters from Toy Story and Cars: Lots of friendly faces.
3. Paddington Bear (picture attached)
4. Jerry Bear (picture attached)
CHARACTERS WE DON'T LIKE
1. Manga: We don't like this style at all. It's too edgy and and doesn't fit our target audience or the feel of what we are creating. We don't want anything that looks like Manga.
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: This is a little too dark and edgy. Even though the characters have big smiles, they are a little too weird and oddball for us.
3. Marvel or DC Comic Book Characters: We feel this look is directed are older audiences and are too realistic, so we would like to avoid the look of the traditional comic book characters.