*** 3/8/15: We're extended the Qualifying Round by 3 days to give everyone the extra time to create the best initial designs.
Hollow Blood is Book 1 of our Sleepy Hollow Horrors mini-series (classic horror). We are looking for an artist to create the final Book 2 of the series--The Devil's Patch. It will feature the Headless Horseman himself with his black goblin horse in the background.
1) This new Book 2 will almost be the mirror image of Book 1 (see attached image) in terms of the position of the Headless Horseman and his horse, but will be looking to the left. So he will not be riding his horse.
2) In one hand, he will have a large glowing pumpkin and in the other will be a long battle-axe resting on the ground, it's blade glistening in the moonlight
3) His clothes are from colonial America (we leave it to you the artist for the particulars), but the main thing is his flowing black cape
4) The ground he is standing on will be foggy too (like Book 1) but will be filled with gruesome, skull-like pumpkins. Also vines, brush, and mushrooms.
5) There will be dark birds/crows in the sky.
6) His horse will have glowing red eyes, fanged teeth, and pitch-black in color. Also glowing nostrils.
7) It should match the cover for Book 1 in quality, but this Headless Horseman should be the scariest we've ever seen. And yes, he doesn't have a head.
New: (2 new images)
1) I added a drawing of the Horseman to show the colonial clothes he wears.
2) Another image shows a brute to show a sample of the vines that are on the ground.